Fishing is an ideal pastime that requires patience, and fishing in a pontoon boat is a great choice. When you are fishing, you need to have your hands free. Having said so, you need excellent fishing rod holders for pontoon boats. It has an extensive and steady platform, plus plenty of room to move throughout the boat. It provides a great fishing experience that is worth getting back to.
Because you have plenty of things to do in your boat, especially if you are alone, holding the fishing rod all the time can be limiting, if not tricky. You are more likely to get tired, just holding the fishing rod for several hours. But this should not discourage you from pursuing fishing.
A fishing rod holder for a pontoon boat is all you need for hands-free fishing. This tool does not require any further description; these holders grip the fishing rods to keep them in place and allows hands-free fishing. It is easy to set up with all its bolts and screws and secure it on the boat. These are fully adjustable and secures the fishing rods in position so that you’ll have a great time fishing.
We have rounded up the top ten best fishing rods that are fully compatible with your pontoon boat. It included reviews and some tips on what to consider when buying one.
The Best Fishing Rod Holder Reviews
Finding the right fishing rod holder for your pontoon boat can be quite a challenge, as there are many varieties available. We have rounded up the best pontoon boat rod holders out there and come up with this list. Here are our top ten of the best fishing rod holders.
- Crafted out of corrosion resistant, high impact plastic
- Allows for 360-degree adjustment
- Can adjust rod angle
- Compatible with rods up to 1.375-inches
Our top choice for the fishing rod holders for pontoon boat rails is the Eagle Claw AABRH. This brand and model has gained many positive reviews, and for a lot of reasons. It offers durability because it is manufactured from high-quality plastic that is corrosion resistant and rust-free. What makes it a highly recommended fishing rod holder is it provides excellent maneuverability. It can swivel at 360 degrees and fully adjustable rod angle so that you can tackle big catches easily.
It is easy to attach this rod holder to your boat as you only need to clamp the knob using your hand. It does not require a screwdriver to remove from your boat too. It is compatible with any boat and can accommodate rods up to 1.375 inches in diameter. Another good thing about this rod holder is it’s very affordable when compared with other rod holders.
Although this rod is made from plastic, you don’t have to worry about its durability. It’s made with the user in mind, meaning it can withstand the wear and tear of attaching and removing it from your boat. As it is made of plastic, it’s guaranteed that it will not scratch the shiny rails of your boat.
- Designed to hold up rods of up to 3.5 meters
- Affordable and value for money
- Easy to attach and remove from the boat
- Dents can happen if you tighten the clamp
- Can have problems with shorter rod handle
- 🎣【Clamp Max. Opening 1.97 Inch. 1Pack】- Include 1 Pcs Fishing...
- 🎣【Eco-friendly Material & Anti-Corrosion】- This fishing boat...
- 🎣【Universal Fit】- Accommodates Spinning, Casting and Spincast...
- 🎣【High Impact Resistant Construction】- The construction is very...
The PLUSINNO Fishing Boat Rod Holder is another option if you are looking for a fishing rod holder for your pontoon boat. This rod holder is made from an eco-friendly plastic material that is heavy duty and impact resistant. Being plastic, it means that this material is resistant to rust and corrosion, which is vital because you will be using it around water a lot.
This rod holder has a universal fit, it’s compatible not only with pontoon boats but with other kinds of boats. It can also accommodate any fishing rod, whether it’s a casting, spin-cast, or a spinning rod handle. You can install the holder in the boat through the clamp that has a maximum opening of 1.97 inches in diameter. It can clamp to anywhere, any boat within the range. This rod holder offers flexibility with 360 degrees adjustability to handle a big catch.
It is also affordable and offers a 12-month warranty for any manufacturer’s defect.
- Well-made and built to last
- Does not corrode and rust
- Offers maneuverability at 360-degree swivel
- Affordable yet designed for your convenience while fishing
- Needs improvement on the tilt
- Can come with few defects like the sprocket may not be splined all the way through
- Fiber reinforced engineering nylon, offers strength, resilience and...
- Bolting dimensions: 1 5/16" x 3 3/16".
- Come with #241 combination deck or side mount bracket.
If you are looking for an affordable and durable fishing rod holder, the Scotty Powerlock Rod Holder fits the bill. They are sturdy and made with fiber-reinforced nylon engineered to offer strength, reliability, and resilience like no other. It comes with a deck or side mount bracket that easily attaches to boats of any kind. It comes with twelve horizontal adjustment positions and six vertical adjustment positions, plus a quick release base. This rod holder is ready for any fishing action and can be easily removed from your boat for storage.
It has a power lock ring that holds the fishing rod in place, giving you peace of mind that the rod will not go anywhere when left unattended. Even with a lot of stress on the rod holder, it will barely move and hold the fishing rod in position. Thanks to the 241 Combination Side/Deck, it helps to mount the rod to the boat easily either on the side or top of the boat’s gunnel. It is a versatile rod holder that can accommodate rods big and small.
- Securely holds the fishing rod in place
- Easy to handle adjuster knob
- Well made and works well with any boat
- Fully adjustable at any angle
· You need to purchase accessories separately to maximize its use
- Adjustable to multiple vertical or horizontal positions
- Include a side or top deck mounting system
- Fiber-glass Injected Nylon construction, Not ABS Plastic.
- 360 dergee adjustable rotation , ALOCK rod secure Rig
For those who are looking for a fishing rod holder that can withstand even the harshest fishing conditions, you better have the Brocraft Power Lock Fully Adjustable Rod Holder. This fishing rod holder is well made and manufactured using fiber-glass injected nylon instead of the usual ABS plastic. It comes with a top or side deck mounting system that you can easily mount on your pontoon boat for the ultimate fishing experience.
The Brocraft Power Lock Fully Adjustable Rod Holder is adjustable to multiple positions – vertical or horizontal. It can rotate on 360-degrees, meaning you can position your fishing rods at any angle. The ALOCK secures the rod so that it can tackle even the biggest catch without the risk of getting out of its place. This locking ring is easy to rotate and snaps easily into place. Taking the rod out is also not an inconvenience as it comes off just as easy. This rod holder can accommodate any type of rod – spinning, caster, or bait cast.
- The mounting hardware allows for easy installation
- With multiple adjustments
- Sturdy and durable to withstand even the roughest condition
- Easy to mount
- You might find some difficulty with the locking mechanism
- Too large for standard palm casting reels
- Package contains: Body x 1, component x 3, Screw x 4
- Fully Adjustable with Mounting Bracket
- Fishing Boat Rod Holder Securely Holds All Types of Rods
- Corrosion-resistant, suitable for many fishing applications including...
This fishing rod holder for pontoon boats from Hiumi offers the best of both worlds when it comes to materials it is made from – ABS Plastic and Stainless Steel. Having these two materials means that it’s corrosive resistant and will not rust. The black finish adds to its overall look, making it a perfect accessory for your pontoon fishing.
When it comes to performance, this rod holder delivers. It has a 360-degree horizontal adjustment, with a tight grip lock nut that can help you attach this tool to any boat or pontoon. You can choose from three different mounting mechanisms to whatever suits your needs. There is no need to worry about leaving your fishing rod here because it is safely locked into place with the built-in lock. All in all, it’s got all you need in a rod holder for pontoon boats at a very reasonable price.
- Affordable, a good budget alternative
- Fully adjustable
- With a different mounting mechanism to cater to your needs
- Keeps the rod in place
- Suitable to use for light fishing
- Mounting device may not be ideal for other boats
- This product is a 100% brand new Amarine-made product
- Can be mounted to vertical or horizontal rails - Adjustable for rails...
- Rubber insert to protect your fishing rod from any wear against the...
- Rod holder can be adjusted to 32 different angles when mounted;Easy to...
This fishing rod holder has the expensive look of high-end stainless-steel rail mounts. The only difference here is it’s made from 304-grade stainless steel instead of 316 stainless steel in the more expensive version. If you check it out in Google, you’ll find out that the latter has more corrosion resistance than 304. It does not have any significant difference, just make sure that you wipe it after use.
It is versatile because you can mount it on horizontal or vertical rails.
It can be adjusted to 32 different angles when mounted so that you can tackle any catch with easy maneuvers. Mounting this fishing rod holder is not hard because it comes with a mounting bracket and bolts. However, you should have a hex wrench on hand. The rubber grips protect your rails from scratches.
- Well made from stainless steel material
- Awesome quality
- Stays in place and adjustable in multiple directions
- You need a hex wrench to install
- It needs rubber or non-slip product to keep the rod holder in place
- Constructed of High-Impact Co Polymer Material
- Multi-Positional Mounting
- Locking Rod Ring
- Hardware not Included
Wise deserves to be on our list of the best fishing rod holders for pontoon boats for plenty of reasons. It is well made from a strong molded plastic material. It also comes at a reasonable price, which is another plus because this rod holder is filled with exciting features.
This rod holder has a rod locking mechanism with a ring to secure the fishing rod and ensures safety and stability while fishing. It can be adjusted in many positions and does not restrict you from tackling your catch, especially when you have something big at the end of your rod. The holder can accommodate casting and spinning reels and has a universal fit. Mounting this holder is easy, and the side mount reinforces its stability.
All in all, these are heavy-duty rod holders that come in twos. It’s durable and fully flexible, which you can have in other rod holders of the same price range.
- Can be adjusted in many positions
- Equipped with a rod lock to secure the fishing rod
- Easy to mount and take off from the boat
- It has a universal fit
- Improvement on the size of the mounting bracket
- Made with plastic and no hardware included in the design
- Three-position configuration
- Spring-loaded tension knobs for quick rod adjustment
- 360° base can be top or side mounted
- Adaptable with Cannon rod holder accessories (not included)
Cannon is a well-known brand that delivers high-quality fishing equipment, and this fishing rod holder is no exception. It provides a good, solid mount because it is made from heavy ABS material. What makes it easy to mount is the spline and notch system. It has a base in which you can lock the holder into place with a simple twist. This rod holder is perfect for your pontoon boat as it has different mounting options.
It has a three-position configuration, which you can choose from depending on your needs. You can easily adjust your rods when loaded in this holder due to its spring-loaded tension knobs. This Cannon Downrigger can provide the baitcast pickup or fast spinning rod, whichever you want. It can be mounted on the side or at the top because it has a base 360 degrees swivel. This is a perfect accessory for your pontoon boat.
- It’s made from high-quality plastic
- Excellently crafted for the price
- Easy to adjust to your fishing needs
- Perfect for spinning
- Initial fit may be tight, but it gets better in time
- Too bulky for other types of boats
- SHADDOCK Power Lock Rod Holder gives you versatility and convenience...
- SHADDOCK Power Lock Rod Holder is made of corrosion resistant, high...
- 360°ADJUSTABLE, Rod Holder makes it easy to access your rod and put...
- The Durable and Stable Construction Can be Firmly Rail Mounted or...
The key to successful fishing is convenience, and to have that, you need a reliable fishing rod holder on your pontoon boat. For this reason, this rod holder from Shaddock has both versatility and convenience in its design. It is made from high-quality plastic that is corrosion and impact resistant and offers the durability that you need in a rod holder.
This rod holder is fully adjustable at 360 degrees swivel. It makes the fishing rod easy to adjust to the position you want. With its durable construction, it can be firmly mounted on your boat’s rail or surface. The spring-loaded tension knob makes it easy to adjust while the stainless steel component provides the stability you need, especially when you have a bigger catch on your line. This rod holder is compatible with spin cast poles, casting pole, and even spinning pole handles. You can mount this on pontoon boats, canoes, kayaks, and many others.
- It has different mounting options
- Easy to insert and disengage from the bracket
- Durable and corrosion-resistant
- Offers versatility and convenience while fishing
- The rail clamp is small
- The mounts tend to loosen
- Include 2 Pcs Fishing Rod Holders. Universal cradle holds almost any...
- This fishing boat rod holder is totally made of high quality and...
- Includes 2 combination mount. Multi-Positional Mounting on boat or...
- Allows for 360-degree adjustment vertically and horizontally, allowing...
The Bekith 2 Pack Adjustable Fishing Rod Holders is a durable accessory that you need for your pontoon boats. It is the second rod in our list that is made from stainless steel, and you know what it means, it’s well-made, will not rust and is corrosion resistant. This rod holder comes in a set of two and can be mounted easily on your pontoon boat using any of the three options. It does not matter whether you are an amateur or a professional in fishing because it can work for both spinning or casting rods.
It is a feature-laden fishing rod with the flexibility to adapt to the position of your fishing rods. You can adjust it vertically in up and down motion or horizontally in 360 degrees rotation. It is easy to adjust with its spring-loaded tension knob.
- Fully adjustable into any position
- Locking rod ring keeps the rod in place
- Can be mounted in different positions
- Offers versatility for both beginners and professionals
- Bolts included are not be durable
- It does not do the flush mounting
What to Look for in a Fishing Rod Holder For Your Pontoon Boat
If you are shopping for an accessory for your pontoon boat, the choices can be overwhelming, but if you know what to look for, it is not confusing at all. Here are some key considerations when selecting a fishing rod holder.
- Design – The design of the rod holder is important because it will determine its performance. Consider a rod holder that has no complicated design, and that’s easy to use.
- Material – The fishing rod holders on our list are made from varied materials. If you are looking forward to catching big fishes, you should go for stainless steel. The ones made from high-quality plastic are also good, but they are lighter.
- Mounting options – The clamp-on rod holders are the safest bet because it is easy to attach to your boat. Those that are designed for drill mounting are more expensive, but it offers more excellent stability.
- Adjust-ability – An essential rule in choosing a pontoon rod holder is it should provide many positions for your fishing rod to prevent more excellent maneuvers during fishing.
It takes a lot of patience when fishing, but now you don’t have to hold your fishing rod for hours until you have a catch. Thanks to the invention of fishing rod holders for pontoon boats, you can leave your fishing rod in place and do other things while waiting for your catch. These make your fishing experience more convenient. If you are looking for a fishing rod holder for your pontoon boat, you can choose from anyone on our list. You can also use our buying guide to get one for yourself.
Top 5 Best Rated Pontoon Boat Fishing Rod Holders Table
My name Is Larry Noel, the voice behind BoatCrunch.
I’m a boating enthusiast that loves nothing more than being out on the water. So much so that I’ve acquired a Degree in Marine Biology (MB) as well as a degree in Ocean Engineering (OE).
I’m very familiar with a wide range of different boats and I’ve owned a variety of different boats myself however I have a particular obsession with Pontoon boats. I’ve lived all across the United States and always kept company in the form of boats and now my loving family.