Being a kayak angler, your main goal is to get a live fish into your kayak. It is not easy to maintain your balance, manage the fish in your line, and keep your balance. After all your effort, it is quite frustrating if you lose your catch at the end of the fight as try very hard to pull it on the side.
This is where you need a good fishing net.
Having a reliable fishing net on hand means you can trap your rod into the holder and easily reel your catch into your kayak. We have written this buying guide to help you pick the right kayak fishing net. To help you in choosing, we have reviewed 10 best fishing nets for kayaking on the market.
Best Fishing Net for Kayaking Product Review
Below are 10 of the most popular fishing nets for kayaking that you can consider buying:
1. Fiblink Folding Aluminum Fishing Net
This is one of the best telescopic fishing nets in the market today. Most anglers prefer fishing net with a long handle. For better handling of fishes, the net is made of high-quality materials. The handle is extendable up to 100 inches with 118 inches overall.
Holding the big fishes is easy with its handle made of anodized corrosion-free. It is also a tangle-free mesh, which makes it durable and works great for fishing. If you are on a tight budget, you can choose the smaller Fiblink Folding Aluminum Fish Net. The company is known in manufacturing impressive fishing gears. You will love the quality of this telescopic fishing net.
- Handle, and the hoop is made of corrosion-resistant anodized aluminum alloy
- Tangle-free nylon mesh net
- Foldable for easy storage
- Handle is extendable
- Handle gets hot when used under the sun.
2. SF Fly Fishing Landing Net
The SF Fly Fishing Landing Net is a bit different as compared to regular fishing nets. It is shorter for better stability when in close contact with fishes. This fly-fishing net is one of the best landing nets to complete the job. This brand comes in a 2-piece set with a sturdy magnetic net. With this fishing gear, you can keep your fish and your net safe from loss and harm.
It has a clear rubberized net to make sure the fish will not get trapped when storing the fish. The grip is easy to handle, and you will feel comfortable. It has a special coating that makes the frame resistant to abrasion and waterproof. At the end of the handle, it has a 36-degree copper swivel.
- Sturdy and durable design
- Tangle-free soft rubberized net
- With 360-degree copper swivel
- It won’t spook fish
- Not lightweight
- Mesh could have been softer
- SF catch and release net features a soft, clear rubberized net...
- Perfect nets for fly fishing on your favorite river, lake, or...
- New Strong and durable carabiner quick release magnetic clip Strongest...
- Multi functional uses more than a net release . Use it with pliers,...
3. PLUSINNO Fishing Net Fish Landing Net
This fishing net has caught us by surprise. It is bigger than expected. The net is perfect for any trout fishing in rivers, saltwater, and lakes. Plusinno Fishing Net is lightweight for easy transport from one place to another.
The Plusinno fish net is foldable. It is made of high-density carbon fiber combined with a fiberglass pole, strong hexagonal structure mesh, durable nylon, and skid-resistant EVA handhold, which makes the fishing net firmer. It has waterproof nylon mesh with a non-absorbent coating to prevent the net from waterlogging or absorbing the odor. It is sold at an affordable price.
- Made of high-quality material
- Skid-resistant EVA handhold
- Excellent elasticity
- Pole is foldable and lightweight
- Waterproof nylon mesh
- The handle is not extendable.
- 🎣 Warm Prompt: Four models are offered, please choose the exact...
- 🎣 Premium Material: High-density carbon fiber mixed with fiberglass...
- 🎣 Waterproof Nylon Mesh: Non-absorbent coating prevents the net...
- 🎣 Foldable Fishing Nets and Ultralight Weight: Easy to carry and...
Don’t forget to stay safe whilst Kayaking with a quality PDF (Life Jacket)
4. KastKing Fishing Net Folding Landing Net
KastKing is a brand you can trust when it comes to a fishing net. Their products are made of durable materials that are lightweight and with convenient folding telescopic design. It has a rubber-coated fine-mesh that is tangle-free.
The hook points are protected from sticking in the net, and it will keep your fishes scales and gills unharmed. What makes it even better, the coating on the mesh will prevent it from absorbing the water, so it will not become heavy when immersed in the water. This fishing net is made of durable E-glass that is very sturdy and will not dent or bend.
- Available in three net sizes
- Foldable and retractable
- Convenient clip included in the package for easy transport
- E-glass used to create a net hoop
- Tangle-free coated fine mesh net
- Not recommended in catching big fishes as it may break
- Patent Pending Fishing Folding Net - The KastKing Madbite folding net...
- Lightweight, Aluminum Handle & Net Frame – High strength aluminum...
- Industrial Strength Graphite Components – The Madbite folding net...
- The Net Material – The net material is made of a rubber coated, hook...
5. ForEverlast Generation 2 Non-Snag Floating Fishing Landing Net
If you are in search of a cheap but reliable net, ForEverlast Generation 2 is what you need. You can catch a vast amount of fish using this fishing net. It has a simple design that looks like a toy when in use. If you want to have fun with your friends while kayaking, this is the net you should use. Also, it is non-snag, so there is no doubt that it will roll smoothly.
This fishing net is intended for wade fishermen but also works best for fly fishing. Has a unique design, rubber-coated non-snag net, your fish will remain unharmed. It has long-handle for better grip and leverage. Large top opening to land fish of different sizes.
- Recommended for freshwater or saltwater
- It has a simple design
- Very affordable
- Floating net
- Lacks other essential features
- Never worry about losing your favorite fishing net again! The...
- Features a large opening to land fish of every size and type! Great as...
- Easy to use and transport! Lightweight fishing net that includes a...
- Long handle with excellent grip and leverage will help you to catch...
6. Wakeman Collapsible and Foldable with Corrosion Resistant Handle
Wakeman Collapsible and Foldable with Corrosion Resistant Handle is a high-quality thermal rubber net. It has a retractable aluminum handle. This fishing net is recommended for catch and release. It can be used for different types of fishing but not for fly fishing. The net has a wide opening that comes with a flat bottom to catch the fish of various sizes.
The handle measures 35 inches and is very durable. It is an excellent fishing net that is tangle-free. The fishing net is made in such a way that it won’t snag or tangle in the basket.
- Ideal for catch and release
- Retractable aluminum handle
- Premium-quality thermal plastic rubber net
- Less tangle
- The rubber part is a bit slippery when wet.
- FISHING NET WITH TELESCOPIC POLE - Extendable to a length of...
- DURABLE MATERIALS - Corrosion-resistant aluminum provides longevity...
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE - The handle of these kayak fishing accessories has...
- VERSATILE FISHING ACCESSORIES - This collapsible fishing net can be...
7. EGO S2 Slider Large Landing Net
The EGO S2 Slider Landing Net has a unique handle. The hook is well-designed, and it stretches out easily to recover your catch. With its wide net opening and flat bottom, it can catch fish of all sizes. This landing net is quite durable that it will last longer. You will be impressed with its high-quality thermal plastic-rubber net having a retractable aluminum handle.
The brand is quite durable, and the size is bigger than usual, which makes catching a green bass easy. You can also use it even for 20 pounds dorado. Catching a landlocked lord salmon and a lot of trout is easy and fast. It is an all-around landing net at an affordable price.
- Retractable aluminum handle for easy storage
- Can catch fishes of various sizes
- No other unique features
- THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY - Never again miss out on the one that got away....
- MORE THAN A NET: The innovative modular platform allows you to remove...
- QUALITY MEETS VERSATILITY - Comes with revolutionary S2 Slider...
- FEATURES - Amazing Grip, extends 29" to 60", Interchange modular head,...
8. KUFA Telescope Aluminum Landing Net
Kufa Telescope Landing Net is a simple and easy-to-use fishing net. It is made of durable but lightweight aluminum. This telescopic landing net is foldable and very portable that measures 27 inches to 47 inches. It has a 16 x 16-inch triangular hoop with a catch and release-friendly tangle-free nylon mesh.
The product has a lengthy telescopic pole made of aluminum, which is corrosion-free. It is also lightweight for easy handling. The Kufa Telescope Aluminum Landing net is a combination of a well-designed piece of equipment and is very functional.
- Knotless nylon mesh perfect for catch and release fishing
- Collapsible to 27 inches
- Long telescopic 47 inches in length
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Not rubberized
- Aluminum telescope landing net
- Foldable landing net length 27'' - 47''
- Net material: knotless nylon mesh
9. BLISSWILL Large Fishing Net Collapsible Fish Landing Net
Blisswill Large Fishing Net is a decent net reasonably priced. It could be a good Christmas or birthday gift. The net is quite big so it can work even on bigger fishes. This net is foldable and is coated with a tangle-free nylon mesh net. It is compact, durable, and soft. Since the fishnet is non-absorbent, you don’t have to worry if it becomes heavy with water.
You can use this landing net for safe catching and releasing fishing. With its unique coated design, it can effectively prevent sticking. The rod and the folding buckle has no gap in between. The head is collapsible, so you can fold it into a smaller size to make it easy to carry and store.
- Made of premium quality materials
- Tangle-free mesh net
- Retractable pole for easy handling and storing
- Skid-resistant PVC handle
- Corrosion-free rod
- Hard to fold
- [ADVANTAGES]: The foldable fishing landing net is coated fine...
- [HIGH GRADE METERIAL]: BLISSWILL fish net hoop is made of stronger...
- [EASY TO CARRY&STORE]: There is no gap between the folding buckle and...
- [LARGE LOAD-BEARING]: Large net hoop design, the maximum load capacity...
10. Leverage Landing Yak Attack Net
The Leverage Landing Yak Attack Net can carry a lot of fish. So, if you are into fishing adventure most of the time, this fishing net is what you need. It has an impressive feature that can hold and handle a vast amount of fish in one catch. The holder is foldable for portability to make it easy to store.
It has a revolutionary forearm grip feature that provides unparalleled control and stability. Its hinged design lets the handle fold along with the net for easy and compact stowage, which makes it the best net when kayak fishing.
- Impressive leverage arm
- Easy to fold which makes it portable
- Easy to handle
- A bit expensive
- Revolutionary Forearm Grip
- Folds for Easy Storage
- Rubber Coated Net
- 12" X 20" Hoop - 47" long
Tips on Choosing the Best Fishing Nets [Buyers Guide]
Here are the factors that you need to consider when choosing a fishing net for kayaking:
A fishing net is either made of nylon, rubber, or knotless. The nylon is best for personal fishing. This is lightweight, UV resistant, and affordable.
Rubber mesh is best for those who want to catch fish and release them at the same time. It is easy on fish scales, gills, and does not get rid of the natural goo from fish.
The knotless mesh is for those who prefer river or stream fishing. It is lightweight and soft on fish scales and gills.
Mesh Size (Hole)
The small micro-mesh is best for sensitive fish like stream trout. The best mesh grid is around 3/16 inch in size. The good thing about mesh size holes is that the bigger it is, the less water-resistant. The larger mesh is easy to move in the water.
Hoop Material and Size
This feature will determine if the net is going to be effective or not. It is best to choose the one with a scoop on its end. This will help you trap the fish.
Choose the one with a bigger hoop size if you prefer to catch fish of various sizes. The hoop should have enough space at the top to handle the fish you catch.
Many fishing net handles are made of aluminum, fiberglass, or wood. If you choose to bring along a strong but light fishing net for kayaking, pick the handle with aluminum and fiberglass. For stronger, natural, attractive, and light fishing net, choose the handles made of wood. Make sure you choose the one that will last long. It should be durable enough to handle large fish.
Handle Gripping System
This will depend on where you want to go fishing. For lake fishing, use longer handles. Short handles are best for river or stream fishing. Sliding, telescopic, and folding handles are other types of handles that you can choose from.
Of course, you need a fishing net that is durable enough to handle any type of fish. If you fish frequently, this feature is essential.
Finding the best fishing net for kayaking is not as easy as you think it is. Focus on the factors mentioned above so you will end up buying the perfect product for your fishing need. You can consider the brands of fishing net discussed above. Choose the one that will suit your fishing style.
For an even better kayaking experience, check out the best Fish Finders For Kayaking by Clicking Here.
The cost could be the deciding factor. But, keep in mind that not all expensive fishing nets are made of durable material. And not all cheap fishing nets are less long-lasting. We hope this review will help you decide. For questions and inquiries, feel free to comment below.
My name Is Larry Noel, the voice behind BoatCrunch.
I’m a boating enthusiast that loves nothing more than being out on the water. So much so that I’ve acquired a Degree in Marine Biology (MB) as well as a degree in Ocean Engineering (OE).
I’m very familiar with a wide range of different boats and I’ve owned a variety of different boats myself however I have a particular obsession with Pontoon boats. I’ve lived all across the United States and always kept company in the form of boats and now my loving family.